Understand - Getting to Know One Another.
We will use tools including questionnaires and specialized financial data gathering software to build our understanding of the following topics along with getting to know you and answering any other questions or concerns you may have.
- Familiarity with investing
- Experience with previous advisors, plan providers and custodians.
- Tolerance for risk
- Moral or social investing preferences
- Expectations for performance, service and communications.
- Understanding of markets, mutual funds and ETFs
We’ll also make you fully aware of our capabilities and experience and provide educational support to assist you in understanding the scope of services we offer to help you meet your objectives and the fees associated with our services such as:
- Financial Planning - planning for your future needs
- Asset Management - taking care of your nest egg
- Investment Advisor Responsibilities - looking out for your financial best interests
- Estate Planning - transferring your wealth
- Retirement Plan Management - supporting the sponsor and your participants
- Insurance and Taxes - minimizing your tax burden
Design - A Plan for You.
Next, we gather and analyze the information you’ve shared with us and design solutions intended to help you reach your objectives. This step may involve collaboration with other specialists or your existing professionals. We present our recommendations to you, answer your questions, consider alternatives and outline the steps we need to take to implement your plan such as:
- Select asset classes, investments and allocations corresponding to your time horizon, risk and return objectives
- Review fees associated with our services, custodians and investments.
- Create an Investment Policy Statement (IPS) to serve as a blueprint defining all aspects of your plan including allocations, expectations, risk parameters, performance monitoring and all other aspects associated with managing your plan.
Implement - Time to Execute the Plan.
Once we have a mutually agreed upon overall strategy for your plan and you concur, we will execute your customized strategy. This involves the selection of specific account types, investment products and the completion of all necessary documentation such as:
- Custodian / TPA choice
- Transfers or Rollovers
- User IDs and Passwords
- Distributions and Deposits
- Online Access and Navigation
- Enrollments: Online or Meetings
Monitor - Keeping an Eye on Your Plan.
Once implemented, we will continually monitor the progress of our recommendations relative to the defined objectives in your IPS. Keeping an eye on each investments’ performance, fees and management is too often overlooked and we believe this is the most important aspect of our service to you. We accomplish this by:
- Reviewing investment performance against the appropriate indexes, peer groups and your IPS.
- Reviewing statements to ensure the accuracy of deposits, fees and balances.
- Meeting with you to make sure you understand all aspects of our relationship.
- Provide education on market trends and economic updates.
- Ensure we are meeting all your expectations for the fees you pay for our services.